Samsung has released theÃ‚Â Tizen 2.4 Beta SDK PreviewÃ‚Â for developers, bringing more than 3,000 new APIs.
Notable features include support for third-party keyboards which can be packaged as native, all application types are supported which means third-party keyboards will work in both web apps and native apps.
Maps Service API and Geofence Service API significantly improve location features. Voice Control is onboard as well with new APIs allowing control app features and elementary widgets with just voice commands.
Contextual Trigger API is the next major feature in Tizen 2.4 beta SDK, this new API will help the phone become aware of events like time, status, location and communication events so specific actions can be performed automatically like launching apps or pushing notifications.
NFC HCE (Host Card Emulation) is onboard as well, this will enable Tizen smartphones to make mobile payments over NFC. Ã‚Â Developers can now make apps that are powered by the NFC HCE technology to provide users with more ways to pay for their purchases.
- Tizen 2015 UX
- Ã¢â‚¬â€¹Rich winsets and styles
- New Tizen Reference Apps (e.g. Browser, Music Player, Calendar)
- New Features
- Application Background Policy to restrict CPU resources for background application processes
- Tizen Expansion Package (TEP) support for effective installation of applications
- Maps Service to supports Geocode, Place Discovery and Route Calculation
- Sync Manager to schedule server access time for applications to synchronize data betweenÃ‚Â server and device
- Service Adaptor (for Cloud Storage) to access remote storage as a local device
- DALi for light weight rendering based on OpenGL ES
- Smartcard and NFC HCE(Host Card Emulation) support to facilitates Mobile Payment Service
- Enforce Security
- And more Ã¢â‚¬Â¦
- Over 3,000 New APIs are added e.g. IME (Input method), Media vision, Event system, Voice Control.
Tizen 2.4 beta SDK is now available to download from the Tizen Developers website.