Apple Pay officially launched in the UK Tuesday and Natwest and RBS have some great information available for their customer on how to use Apple Pay.
Apple Pay is available on selected NatWest personal current accounts, NatWest MasterCard credit cards, Royal Bank personal current accounts and Royal Bank MasterCard credit cards.
How do I pay for items I want to buy with Apple Pay?
Pay with the default card on your iPhone:
To pay with Apple Pay using your default card, hold your iPhone close to the contactless reader in the shop with your finger held on Touch ID, but without pressing it.
Pay with a different card on your iPhone:
There are two ways to pay in store:
- Hold your iPhone near the contactless reader without placing your finger on Touch ID or entering your passcode. Your iPhone screen will light up, and you’ll see your default card on your screen.
- Tap your default card to see all other cards in Passbook. From the list of cards, tap the one you want to use.
- Place your finger on Touch ID with your iPhone still near the contactless reader to complete the payment.
- Open Passbook and tap the card you want to use from the list.
- Place and hold your finger on Touch ID or enter the passcode until you see a confirmation message that you are ready to pay. Your device will remain ready to pay for the next 30 seconds.
- Hold the device near the contactless reader to complete the payment.
Making a payment with Apple Pay in an app
On an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3, you can use Apple Pay to pay within apps when you see the Buy with Apple Pay or Apple Pay button as a payment method.
- Tap the Buy with Apple Pay button or Apple Pay button.
- Review your payment information and contact details. Enter other billing, delivery and contact information if necessary. Apple Pay will store that information, so you won’t need to enter it again.
- Place your finger on Touch ID or enter your passcode to complete the payment.
When your payment information is sent successfully, you’ll see ‘Done’ and a tick on the device screen.
Get more detailed information on using Apple Pay with Natwest.
Get more detailed information on using Apple Pay with RBS.