After attempting to add another account to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, the following message is displayed:
Maximum account limit has been reached
The BlackBerry 10 smartphone can store up to a maximum of 23 accounts. When attempting to add a 24th account, the message provided above will be displayed to indicate that the maximum account limit has been reach.
To add another account to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, please complete the following steps:
- Review the list of current accounts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to determine which account is no longer needed
- Tap on the account that you would like to remove
- Tap Delete at the bottom of the screen
- When prompted with the Delete account prompt, tap Delete
- Now that an account has been removed, reattempt to add the original account to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Some accounts, such as email accounts that use that IMAP connection, may include additional account connections for Calendar and Contact data. When reviewing the list of current accounts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, tap on accounts that may use multiple account connections and determine if the next screen displays the connection information under a heading of Edit Account or if the next screen displays a list of account connections under the heading Accounts.
An account that uses separate account connections such as IMAP for email, CalDAV for calendar items, and CardDAV for contacts, will count as three accounts rather than just one account.
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]