Last month, BlackBerry acquired WatchDox, a startup that developed cross-platform technology for digital rights management and for enterprises to share files securely. BlackBerry are to integrate WatchDoxÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s technology as a value-added service with BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) portfolio. It will be available with BES12, which works on multiple platforms.
WatchDoxÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s growth has partly sprung out of rising awareness of security risks among enterprises and individuals. As more mobile devices are used for work and sharing documents, there has been an exponential growth of cloud-based services to store files.
In practice, what WatchDox allows is a business to securely share documents among employees and other authorized individuals. When those files have to leave the corporate circle of trust Ã¢â‚¬â€ for example, to be sent to someone outside the organization Ã¢â‚¬â€ the security goes with them. This means that a video clip or sensitive contract or memo cannot be downloaded and posted elsewhere.
WatchDox works with a lot of different verticals, listing energy, finance, government, healthcare media and technology among them, and counts Ã¢â‚¬Å“more than 150 of the Fortune 1000Ã¢â‚¬Â³ as customers.
WatchDox in the Enterprise
Virtually every business has sensitive information and documents that need to be shared. Hundreds of globalÃ‚Â companies in nearly every industry have deployed WatchDox for a wide variety of different use cases:
- Replace insecure file sharing systems, such as Dropbox and Box, with a secure alternative
- Enable executives and board members to securely view, edit and annotate highly sensitive documents on their personal iPads and tablets
- Exchange files through data rooms for M&A and other business transactions
- Integrate with SharePoint Libraries and other existing file stores to enable mobile access and external collaboration
- Distribute non-public financial reports to investors
- Protect intellectual property, such as blueprints, product specs, formulas, scripts and screenplays
- Extend compliance reach to mobile devices and external collaborations Ã¢â‚¬â€œ for SOX, PCI, HIPAA, FINRA, GLBA, 21 CFR Part 11, ITAR and other information security regulations
- Ensure all data stays discoverable for eDiscovery, no matter where it travels
WatchDox was built to secure information in the collaborative and mobile world of modern IT. It is designed to provide the granular, flexible and powerful security required by IT, while still delivering an elegant and intuitive user experience across web browsers, desktops, mobile devices and tablets.
Where endpoints, networks and technology infrastructure fall short in providing persistent protection, WatchDox uniquely controls and tracks all sensitive corporate assets wherever they go in the course of business.
The Functionality Users Want
- Intuitive Experience: Deliver consumer-like usability that displays perfectly on every device.
- Productivity: Work from anywhere with files always in sync. Access, synchronize, share and control files on all platforms: web, mobile (iOS, Android, BlackBerry), desktop (Windows, Mac).
- Mobility: Access, annotate (highlight, comment, draw), edit (Apps and Editor), search (folders, files and content), stream and share files through integrated mobile applications.
- Internal and External Collaboration: Share files with anyone (internal and external), anywhere, on any device, without losing visibility or control.
- Large File Transfer: Share extremely large files with colleagues, partners and third parties easily
The Functionality IT Needs
- Data Protection: Keep sensitive data encrypted and controlled by default, reducing the risk of a breach or loss of intellectual property.
- Persistent Control: Prohibit unauthorized content copy, edit, print, download or forward. Apply custom,
administrative watermarks. Expire access systematically after a project deadline or dynamically when a user leaves the organization.
- Security: Implement enterprise-level security, including mobile passcode, jailbreak detection, remote document wipe, full tracking, always-on AES-256 encryption (in transit, in use, at rest) and advanced key management (optional HSM).
- Visibility: Gain visibility into how users are accessing sensitive data and what they do with it, maintaining an audit trail.
- Flexible Deployment Options: Choose to deploy WatchDox in the cloud or on premise.
- Integration: Seamlessly integrate with enterprise systems, including Outlook, SharePoint, custom web portals, proprietary applications and other content repositories.
Secure file sharing
WatchDoxÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) product is aÃ‚Â secure enterprise file sharing and collaboration solution,Ã‚Â enabling enterprises to securely sync files, share documents and work with files wherever they need to go, even on devices beyond IT control.
Unique data-centric security solution enables organizations to control synced and shared files wherever they go, across any device.
You can request a free trial of WatchDox here.
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]