Coronavirus

Intel, Vivo, and NTT withdraw from MWC 2020 due to Coronavirus

Intel, Vivo, and NTT Docomo have become the latest companies to withdraw from the MWC 2020 trade show due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak. 

It will shortly be easier to report which companies will still be attending as the list grows shorter on a daily basis.

Intel

An Intel spokesperson said in a statement.

“The safety and wellbeing of all our employees and partners is our top priority, and we have withdrawn from this year’s Mobile World Congress out of an abundance of caution. We are grateful to the GSMA for their understanding and look forward to attending and supporting future Mobile World Congress events,”

NTT Docomo

NTT said in a statement,

At present, the impact of the new coronavirus is expanding, and we were planning to exhibit from February 24 (Monday)-February 27 (Thursday) 2020.

In consideration of the safety of the visitors, partner companies and staff members, we decided to cancel the exhibition.”

Translated from Japanese

Vivo

Meanwhile Chinese manufacturer Vivo has also decided to completely withdraw from MWC 2020. In a statement the company said,

Vivo has been closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia (NCP) outbreak and continuously evaluating planned activities,. The health and safety of our employees and the public are our top priority.

“In light of the current situation, we have taken the decision not to attend MWC 2020 or any other associated event in Barcelona at the same time” 

We will soon introduce the APEX 2020 concept phone which we had originally planned to showcase at MWC. We will share more updates in due course.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank our partners, media friends and consumers for their understanding.

Companies who have withdrawn from MWC2020

The list of companies is growing every day. Earlier this week, LG made a similar announcement, explaining that it won’t attend this year’s show due to the outbreak.

Following that, Ericsson also announced that it has cancelled its MWC2020 plans in order to protect its employees .

This was followed by Nvidia who also withdrew from MWC to protect its employees.

Amazon also made a similar announcement on Saturday, while Sony followed suit on Sunday.

Earlier today, TCL said they will still attend the event but have cancelled their launch event.

Rapid Mobile

Rapid Mobile uses cookies, tokens, and other third party scripts to recognise visitors of our sites and services, remember your settings and privacy choices, and - depending on your settings and privacy choices - enable us and some key partners to collect information about you so that we can improve our services and deliver relevant ads.

 

By continuing to use our site or clicking I Accept, you agree that Rapid Mobile and our key partners may collect data and use cookies for personalised ads and other purposes, as described more fully in our privacy policy.

 

You can change your settings at any time by clicking Manage Settings or by visiting our Privacy Centre for more detailed information.

 

Privacy Settings saved!
Cookie Services

When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies.Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.

These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.

We track anonymized user information to improve our website.
  • _ga
  • _gid
  • _gat

Decline all Services
Accept all Services