Coronavirus

AT&T, Cisco, Facebook and Sprint withdraw from MWC 2020 due to Coronavirus

AT&T, Cisco, Facebook and Sprint have become the latest companies to withdraw from the MWC 2020 trade show due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak. 

Mobile World Congress 2020 in Barcelona is currently still due to open its doors on Monday, February 24 but at this point, it must be considering it’s position regarding the whole event.

AT&T

After careful discussions and planning, we have decided that we will not participate in GSMA Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2020. We value our participation in important industry groups like GSMA and deeply respect the steps they have already taken to protect attendees. Unfortunately, the most responsible decision is to withdraw our participation from the event t safeguard our employees and customers. AT&T said in a statement.

Cisco

“While we are extremely disappointed that we cannot continue with this event as planned, we believe this is the right decision given the current circumstances. Cisco sincerely appreciates everything that [MWC] has done to protect the safety of its attendees, and we look forward to participating in future events. We continue to keep those directly impacted by this situation in our thoughts and prayers,” Cisco said in a statement.

Facebook

“Out of an abundance of caution, Facebook employees won’t be attending this year’s Mobile World Congress due to the evolving public health risks related to coronavirus,” a company spokesman said in a statement.

“We will continue to collaborate with the GSMA and our partners and thank them for their efforts.

Sprint

“Our team will not be attending MWC due to concerns around the novel coronavirus,” said Sprint.

Companies who have withdrawn from MWC2020

The list of companies is growing every day. Earlier this week, LG made a similar announcement, explaining that it won’t attend this year’s show due to the outbreak.

Following that, Ericsson also announced that it has cancelled its MWC2020 plans in order to protect its employees .

This was followed by Nvidia who also withdrew from MWC to protect its employees.

Amazon also made a similar announcement on Saturday, while Sony followed suit on Sunday.

Earlier today, TCL said they will still attend the event but have cancelled their launch event. This was quickly followed by Intel, Vivo, and NTT Docomo.

Rapid Mobile

Rapid Mobile uses cookies, tokens, and other third party scripts to recognise visitors of our sites and services, remember your settings and privacy choices, and - depending on your settings and privacy choices - enable us and some key partners to collect information about you so that we can improve our services and deliver relevant ads.

 

By continuing to use our site or clicking I Accept, you agree that Rapid Mobile and our key partners may collect data and use cookies for personalised ads and other purposes, as described more fully in our privacy policy.

 

You can change your settings at any time by clicking Manage Settings or by visiting our Privacy Centre for more detailed information.

 

Privacy Settings saved!
Cookie Services

When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.

These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.

We track anonymized user information to improve our website.
  • _ga
  • _gid
  • _gat

Decline all Services
Accept all Services