Huawei x Gentle Monster Smart Eyewear series is officially available to buy in the UK.
Unlike Google Glass, there’s no heads-up display. Essentially, it looks like a normal earwear that has an integrated Bluetooth headset. It has built-in dual speakers with a semi-open design and dual microphones on the temple which uses AI for noise reduction.
The antenna, charging module, dual microphone, chipset, speaker and battery are all integrated in the eyeglass temple. There are two microphones with beam-forming technology to understand what you’re saying even if the device is sitting on your nose.
To answer voice calls or to control music playback, you can double-tap on the sides. When you take off the glasses it will automatically pause the music and it will resume the playback 15 seconds after you put it back on.
On a single charge, the 85mAh battery is rated to last more than 2.5 hours for calls or music playback. To recharge, you can put it back into the wireless charging case that’s bundled with the eyewear. The case’s 2,200mAh battery can provide a total of 8 hours of playtime. There’s also IP67 rated dust and water resistance but Huawei warns that the protection may degrade with daily use.
The glasses come in a leather case with USB-C port at the bottom.
Huawei X Gentle Monster Specs
- Available in 5 different versions
- Smart Jackbye-01: 45.6 grams, 155.13×58.25x29mm
- Smart Eastmoon-01: 43.2 grams, 152.59×56.86x29mm
- Smart Southside-01: 40.2 grams, 152.21×48.16x29mm
- Smart Alio-01: 39.2 grams, 172.95×45.72x29mm
- Smart Alio-C1: 39.2 grams, 172.95×45.72x29mm
- Battery life:
- Music: up to 2 hours and a half
- Calls: up to 2 hours and a half
- Standby: up to 20 hours
- The protective case comes with a 2 200mAh battery
- Bluetooth 5.0, one speaker on each temple, two microphones on each temple, IP67