Apple has released iOS 13.3 bringing updates to Screen Time, Apple News, wireless charging improvements and more.
Apple has added new parental controls, giving parents the ability to set communication limits for Phone, FaceTime, Messages, and iCloud contacts. This allows parents to better manage Screen Time for their children on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
In addition, a Contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their child’s devices.
Apple News brings a new layout for Apple News+ stories and you can easily like or dislike stories with a tap.
Stories from Apple News allow you to continue reading with links to related stories or more stories from the same publication. There are also “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories.
Finally, iOS 13.3 enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos and adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari.
iOS 13.3 also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
- Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
- Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
- Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
- Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
- Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
- Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
- Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
- Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
- Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
- Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected
You can download the update by opening Settings > General > Software Update.