BlackBerry have released anÃ‚Â update to BBM for BlackBerry 10Ã‚Â bringing support for upgraded group chatÃ‚Â andÃ‚Â the ability to share longer videos.
In addition, retraction has been expanded to stickers, files, and more.
BBM brings you together in the moment with friends and family through instant chats, voice calls, picture sharing, voice notes and more.
- Upgraded group chat! Start a group chat with up to 250 contacts.
- Photos, lists, and calendar updates display in chat (calendar and lists only for groups of up to 50 contacts)
- Retract expanded to stickers, files, and more.
Chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone:
- BBM is always on and always connected Ã¢â‚¬â€œ no app to open
- Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
- Say ‘hello’ with BBM Voice Ã¢â‚¬â€œ free voice calling between BBM Contacts
- Quickly share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
- Allow contacts to view your location live on a map, powered by Glympse
- See when contacts are responding to your message
- Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
BBM lets you protect your privacy. You control it:
- You chose how to share your information Ã¢â‚¬â€œ BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private and you always control who can contact you
- You chose your contacts Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
- Groups Ã¢â‚¬â€œ BBM groups help you share pictures, lists and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
- Multi-person chats Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
- Broadcast messages Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
- BBM Channels: Join conversations happening now about the things you love.
- Create a new channel to share your thoughts, ideas and passions.
- Subscribe to an existing BBM channel to join chats with others who share your interests.
- Create your own BBM profile:
- Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
- Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel