Pebble has released version 4.0 of its Pebble Time software focusing on speed and making it work better for you. From a faster launcher with app glances to an all-new Pebble Health app, there is a lot of changes in this update.
All-New Pebble Health App.
Press Up from your watchface to review your Pebble Health activity and sleep. Enjoy redesigned cards for quick glances at your current step and sleep performance. Press Right from each activity to dive deeper into your historical performance data.
Timeline with Quick Views.
Press Down from your watchface for current and future views of your personal Timeline. Gaze up to three days into the future. Enjoy Quick ViewsÃ¢â‚¬â€peeks at whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s coming up nextÃ¢â‚¬â€from your watchface. Press Down on a Quick View to see more about it, or press Back to dismiss it.
Better, Faster Launcher with App Glances.
Press Select from your watchface for a new Launcher menu thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s built forÃ‚Â speed. The banner design shows more items at once. App Glances show preview info without even opening an app.
4-Button Quick Launch.
Your favorite Pebble apps are just a press and hold away from your watchface. Assign a Quick Launch favorite to the Up, Down, Back, and Select buttons andÃ‚Â blast off.
Built for Speed.
New system animations make the overall watch experience faster.
Pebble Firmware 4.0 works with Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel, Pebble Time Round, and the upcoming 2016 Pebble lineup (Pebble 2 and Time 2). Version 3.12.2 remains the most current firmware for Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel at this time.
For watches (Pebble Time, Time Steel, Time Round, Pebble 2, Time 2) running Firmware 4.0 and up:
- SNEAK PEEK! Email Actions: Act on emails received from Google accounts (Delete, Archive/Done, Mark as Read, Reply All, Star). Create custom canned responses for your email replies or send voice replies. Toggle available actions On/Off.
- We improved Pebble HealthÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Activity and Sleep graphs to be clearer and more digestible at a glance.
- Moved Pebble Health settings from the Apps tab to the main Settings menu.
- Like other Pebble apps, the Pebble Settings app can now be reordered by tapping and dragging in the Apps tab. Your changes will sync to the watchÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Launcher menu.
- Support for the new features available in Pebble Firmware 4.0, including Timeline Quick View, App Glances, and more.
For all watches (including Pebble, Pebble Steel) running Firmware 3.12 and up:
- Enjoy a new look and feelÃ¢â‚¬â€fresh colors, cleaner layouts and menus, and snappier performance.
- New Manage Pebble menu: ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s easier than ever to manage the multiple watches in your Pebble collection. The Manage Pebble screen lets you set which watch should currently be active, or pair a new Pebble with your phone.
- Get a warning if attempting to pair with a Pebble that is currently paired with another device.
- Improved the Bluetooth pairing process to be faster and more reliable.
- Improved Bluetooth-LE connection reliability between the phone and paired Pebble.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Of course, there are the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.