BlackBerry has rolled out an update to their BlackBerry Keyboard for Android app, bringing the ability to use the SlideBoard feature when Type by Swiping is turned on.
In addition, users can now Flick up on the keyboard to use a suggested word when using the keyboard in Chinese (Pinyin) or Japanese.
The usual minor enhancements and stability fixes are there as well.
The BlackBerry keyboard is arguably the best virtual keyboard that exists on Android.
The BlackBerry Keyboard includes a number of components that work together to deliver an optimal user input experience.
BlackBerry Keyboard brings:
- A reinvented physical keyboard that optimizes accuracy, ergonomic comfort and precise control.
- A market disrupting touch sensitive keyboard to help you get things done fast.
- A complementary set of on-screen virtual keyboards for touch interaction and fast access to the most critical text elements
- An intelligent input engine that allows the keyboard to learn and remember words you type often and then offer them as next-word suggestions.
- A set of software capabilities that allows shortcuts to user-defined words and phrases, and more
- Quick and easy creation of text with the renowned BlackBerry Keyboard, featuring auto correction, next word prediction and a Personal Dictionary.
- More efficiency through learning and personalization. The keyboard gets more accurate over time as it learns your style and word selection.
- Text Selection and Fine Cursor Control make it easy to format your work properly and give it a polished and professional appearance.
- Settings that put you in control of your keyboard experience
- Use the SlideBoard feature when Type by Swiping is turned on
- Flick up on the keyboard to use a suggested word when using the keyboard in Chinese (Pinyin) or Japanese
- Minor enhancements and stability fixes
Updated: 23 April, 2018
Requirements: Android 5.0 +
Contains Ads: No
Contains In-App Purchases: No