BlackBerry have released an update to the BlackBerry Hub app for Android, bringing dual SIM phone support, Android Wear notifications and more.
With the launch of the BlackBerry Aurora, BlackBerry have now added beta support for dual SIM phones. Beta support for Android Wear notifications has also been added.
The company continue to add support for more messaging platforms and this release brings support for KIK and Telegram notifications.
The BlackBerry Hub brings your communications into one place so you can manage your messages in one location. Connecting with your friends and colleagues has never been simpler. You can quickly organise and take action on emails, text and BBM messages, phone calls, social media notifications, calendar invitations and more – directly from your message list.
Once you experience the BlackBerry Hub, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
- Compose email messages and social posts, or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
- Use Conversation View for a clear view of all the messages in a conversation with the latest message always open for quick review
- Snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
- Quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts. File email messages and manage all your folders
- Search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
- Peek into your calendar to see your next five meetings
- Quickly identify unread messages via the red BlackBerry spark indicator
- Added new dark theme option
- Added dedicated attachment view for email accounts. Tapping on a dedicated icon on the action bar allows you to quickly see all attachments in either a list view or a grid view. The view even displays attachments that have not yet been downloaded.
- Support for viewing .msg attachments. You can now view .msg attachments from within an email.
- Added support for integrated WeChat and Line notifications in the Hub
- Improved suggestions when filing emails based on most frequently used folders
- “Splat” notification improvements: Support for splatting (aka, the red and white Spark icon) on custom created views in the Hub
- Enhanced S/MIME details: The S/MIME details of received messages have been expanded to better reflect details such as signature and certificate status, encoding algorithms, and any security warnings.
- Enhanced S/MIME attachment support: Signed and encrypted messages that have both p7s and p7m attachments are now supported.
- FIPS-validated S/MIME for BlackBerry Android: When Hub is used on BlackBerry Android smartphones, S/MIME functions are performed using the newly-added FIPS-validated crypto module for added security.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Services currently integrated with BlackBerry Hub
- BBM Enterprise
- Facebook Lite
- Facebook Messenger
- Facebook Messenger Lite
- Skype Lite
Updated: March 10, 2017
Requirements: Android 5.0+
In-app Products: No