BlackBerry have released an update to the BlackBerry Hub app for Android, bringing improved compatibility with HTML email messages by supporting CSS important rules.
The update brings a welcome fix for users who experienced a battery drain when an error occured while syncing contacts.
Finally, BlackBerry have fixed the frequent crashing on Oreo (Android 8).
The BlackBerry Hub brings your communications into one place so you can manage your messages in one location. Connecting with your friends and colleagues has never been simpler. You can quickly organise and take action on emails, text and BBM messages, phone calls, social media notifications, calendar invitations and more – directly from your message list.
Once you experience the BlackBerry Hub, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
- Compose email messages and social posts, or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
- Use Conversation View for a clear view of all the messages in a conversation with the latest message always open for quick review
- Snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
- Quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts. File email messages and manage all your folders
- Search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
- Peek into your calendar to see your next five meetings
- Quickly identify unread messages via the red BlackBerry spark indicator
- Additional Hub Integrations: Supported integration for Tumblr and QZone accounts. We just keep adding more based on your feedback!
- Enhancements to Email Signature: Set up a separate signature for replies and forwards versus the initial email composition. Both signatures now support adding links in the signature.
- Improved Android Wear Support: Reply to an email message using an Android Wear watch. Three responses are provided to the user based on the list of quick responses they’ve set up in Hub on their device.
- Empty Trash Enhancement: Empty Trash feature for Exchange ActiveSync accounts now accessible via account tray view of the Deleted Folder selection.
- External Recipient Warning and Restriction: Exchange ActiveSync accounts under EMM management now provide warning or restriction when sending emails to external recipients. EMM administrator will setup an internal corporate domain, all recipients outside of it will get highlighted in yellow, while all the recipients defined as part of the restricted domains will be highlighted in red and messages will not be sent to them.
- LDAP Certificate Retrieval Using Kerberos AuthN: Using Hub+ Services app configuration policies, an administrator will be able to configure LDAP certificate retrieval in environments where authentication to the LDAP servers is managed via Kerberos.
- User/Admin Setting for Signing Hash Algorithm: Currently listing this as a beta feature for this release but user will be able to specify what hash algorithm to use for signing operations of outgoing S/MIME messages. When Hub is deployed in a managed profile, this setting will be controllable by an admin using Hub+ Services app configuration policies.
Services currently integrated with BlackBerry Hub
- BBM Enterprise
- Facebook Lite
- Facebook Messenger
- Facebook Messenger Lite
- Skype Lite
Updated: November 8, 2017
Requirements: Android 5.0+
Contains Ads: Yes
In-app Products: Yes