We reported Monday how a lot of BlackBerry’s stock apps on the BlackBerry Priv had appeared on Google Play and noted that one exception was the BlackBerry Hub.
In addition to yesterdays apps, the BlackBerry Hub is now in Google Play as well as Notes, Tasks, Contacts and Device Search.
The fact that more and more of BlackBerry Priv stock apps will be available for install and upgrade on the Play Store suggests that BlackBerry will allow users to uninstall them at their will, and at the very least they will be upgradeable without an OS update.
What is slightly disconcerting at present is that BlackBerry Blend has still to receive an update to make it compatible with BlackBerry Priv but this should be available by release.
The following free apps have been addedÃ‚Â to the Play Store.
The BlackBerry Hub brings your communications into one place so you can manage your messages in one location. Connecting with your friends and colleagues has never been simpler. You can quickly organise and take action on emails, text and BBM messages, phone calls, social media notifications, calendar invitations and more Ã¢â‚¬â€œ directly from your message list. Previously a BlackBerry 10 exclusive, the BlackBerry Hub was proclaimed the industryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s best communications app. Once you experience the BlackBerry Hub, youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll wonder how you lived without it.
- Compose email messages and social posts, or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
- Use Conversation View for a clear view of all the messages in a conversation with the latest message always open for quick review
- Snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
- Quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts. File email messages and manage all your folders
- Search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
- Peek into your calendar to see your next five meetings
- Quickly identify unread messages via the red BlackBerry spark indicator
- Customizable swipe gestures
- Mute conversations
- Next/previous swipe navigation
- Image attachment preview in email viewer
- Improved conversation UI
- Improvements to initial email sync
- Level 1 notifications
- Performance and stability improvements
Download BlackBerry Hub from Google Play.
Contacts by BlackBerry
The Contacts app is designed to store all your contact info in one location for convenient management.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â You can interact with your contacts using a variety of methods such as phone calls, text and email messages, or calendar events directly from the Contacts app.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â You can also create and manage contact groups.
- Intuitive user experience
- Unified contacts: Work and personal contacts in one convenient location
- Remote search: Perform Global Address List searches directly from your device
- Recent contacts management: Allow or block recent contacts
- Contact groups: Create groups and easily start group conversations
- Smart filters: Quickly identify and locate your contacts
- Per-account filtering: View contacts associated with specific accounts
- Quick access to favourite and frequently used contacts
- Multi-select contacts
- Support for: CardDav accounts and Gravatars
Download Contacts by BlackBerry from Google Play
Notes by BlackBerry
The Notes app is optimised for AndroidÃ¢â€žÂ¢ and is designed to increase your productivity. Your notes are conveniently synchronised with the Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
- Find anything: Searchable text in notes
- Work Anywhere: Notes are synchronised by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 14.1 or later
- Automatic set-up for popular email services including: Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
Download Notes by BlackBerry from Google Play.
Tasks by BlackBerry
The Tasks app is optimised for Android OS and designed to increase your productivity. Your tasks are conveniently synchronised with the Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
- Quick tasks: Quickly create tasks, set due dates and reminders from your task list
- Stay informed: Receive notifications for upcoming tasks
- Work Anywhere: Tasks are synchronised by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 12.x or later
- Automatic set-up for popular email services including: Windows Live Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Tasks Sync: Effortlessly sync recurring tasks, due dates and reminders
Download Tasks by BlackBerry from Google Play.
BlackBerry Device Search
BlackBerry Device Search makes finding information on your device quick and simple. Easily find what you need by searching your Contacts, Calendar, BlackBerry Hub email, documents, media files and more. The BlackBerry Device Search app also offers a remote search option if the info you are looking for isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t found on your device. To make your searches even more meaningful, you can select and filter the categories that you want to look in before you begin your search. You can also use Instant Actions such as, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Call MikeÃ¢â‚¬Â, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Map homeÃ¢â‚¬Â or Ã¢â‚¬Å“Email MaryÃ¢â‚¬Â to quickly perform tasks, saving you time and effort.
Download BlackBerry Device Search from Google Play.
All of BlackBerry’s Android apps can be view here.