BlackBerry have released an update to BBM for iOS, which brings Navigation enhancements to services in the Discovery screen and BBM in-app browser and more.
BBM now comes with aÃ‚Â new Discover screen. For those interested in sticker packs, this isÃ‚Â the place to find themÃ‚Â and will become the place to learn about more content, subscriptions, and other services.
Enhancements have also been brought to phone number sign-up,Ã‚Â full screen video support in BBM in-app browser and the usual bug fixes.
- Simplified BBM Channel profile and join UI
- Navigation enhancements to services in the Discovery screen and BBM in-app browser
- Full screen video support in BBM in-app browser
- Phone number sign-up feature enhancements
- Bug fixes
BBM Video Chat System Requirements and Functionality
- BlackBerry 10 OS required
- BlackBerry 10 smartphones are able to startÃ‚Â BBM Video Chats to other BlackBerry 10 smartphones
- BBM Video Chat betweenÃ‚Â BlackBerry 10 andÃ‚Â Android orÃ‚Â iOS devices isÃ‚Â not supported and will provide the option for BBM Voice Chat
- iOS version 8 and later required
- iOS devices are able start BBM Video Chats between other iOS and Android OS devices
- When a BBM Video ChatÃ‚Â is started on an iOS device toÃ‚Â BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change toÃ‚Â a BBM Voice Chat
- Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) and later required
- Android OS devices are able to start BBM Video Chats between other Android OS and iOS devices
- When a BBM Video ChatÃ‚Â is started on an Android device toÃ‚Â BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change toÃ‚Â a BBM Voice Chat
- Asus phones (and any mobile device using an Intel chipset) are currently not supported and will establish a BBM Voice Call
- Motorola Moto X (XT1092, XT1095, XT1096) and Lenovo Vibe X (S960) may see one way video, or poorÃ‚Â video during a BBM Video Chat