BBM for Android has received an update bringing a continuation of a new look and feel with a new chat interface, richer video sharing and editing options and animated stickers.
Creating and managing groups for chats, events, and discussions has also been improved.
Finally, users can now customize their pins for free. This has been a paid add-on for quite some time and finally Creative have given up charging for it.
Summary of What’s New:
- Animated stickers have arrived in BBM! Preview and share stickers that move, and search through more than 1,000 packs organized by categories.
- Customise your BBM PIN for free. Choose what’s easy to remember and best describes who you are.
- Experience better quality interaction with richer video sharing and editing options.
- Easily create and manage groups for chats. events, and discussions.
- New chatting interface that is more user friendly and fun to use with friends.
BBM Video Chat System Requirements and Functionality
- BlackBerry 10 OS required
- BlackBerry 10 smartphones are able to start BBM Video Chats to other BlackBerry 10 smartphones
- BBM Video Chat between BlackBerry 10 and Android or iOS devices is not supported and will provide the option for BBM Voice Chat
- iOS version 8 and later required
- iOS devices are able start BBM Video Chats between other iOS and Android OS devices
- When a BBM Video Chat is started on an iOS device to BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change to a BBM Voice Chat
- Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) and later required
- Android OS devices are able to start BBM Video Chats between other Android OS and iOS devices
- When a BBM Video Chat is started on an Android device to BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change to a BBM Voice Chat
The following is also noted by BlackBerry
- Asus phones (and any mobile device using an Intel chipset) are currently not supported and will establish a BBM Voice Call
- Motorola Moto X (XT1092, XT1095, XT1096) and Lenovo Vibe X (S960) may see one way video, or poor video during a BBM Video Chat
Version: Varies with device
Updated: July 25, 2017
Requirements: Varies with device
Contains Ads: Yes
In-app Purchases: Yes