Creative Media Works has announced the latest update to BBM for Android, which brings more ui re-designs and new additions to the discover menu. The chat screen now includes new colors and bubbles, a more convenient main menu in Android, and a re-organized sticker shop with new animated stickers.
Creative has redesigned the chat bubbles to look like speech bubbles. Each one now points to the photo of the person who sent it. The company has also toned down the colors of the bubbles to a lighter blue and white, added a patterned background, and made all the text black. Additionally, time stamps now appear in the bubbles, and the “delivered” and “read” notations are on the right of your messages (instead of on the left, where they were previously).
The menu bar has been moved to the bottom of the screen with the addition of a a floating icon to help you quickly start Groups, where you can share to-do lists, calendars, and topics with friends and coworkers.
Creative has added several new services to our Discover menu for users in different regions. Nigerians can now find out what events are happening in their area, connect with friends to make plans, and purchase event tickets—all within BBM Messenger, thanks to a partnership with Ariiyatickets.
Middle Eastern and North African users have two new content channels: Sa2eh, which provides travel and tourism information, as well as Jamal, which offers beauty, skincare, and make-up content.
For the kids, Creative has re-organized the sticker shop to make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for. The newly redesigned shop adds tabs across the top of the main screen: New, Free, and Categories. Previously, stickers were only listed in the order that they were released, with the most recent at the top. In this makeover, you can easily find the latest stickers on the New tab, in a list view instead of a grid.
The Free tab shows all the free stickers in one place. The Categories tab divides all sticker packs by topic: BBM Family, Most Popular, Love & Romance, Animals & Pets, Movies, and more.
Summary of What’s New:
- Easy on the Eyes: Redesigned Chat Screen in Android
- Menu Goes from Top to Bottom in Android
- Sticker Shop Makeover
- New Additions to Discover Menu
BBM Video Chat System Requirements and Functionality
- BlackBerry 10 OS required
- BlackBerry 10 smartphones are able to start BBM Video Chats to other BlackBerry 10 smartphones
- BBM Video Chat between BlackBerry 10 and Android or iOS devices is not supported and will provide the option for BBM Voice Chat
- iOS version 8 and later required
- iOS devices are able start BBM Video Chats between other iOS and Android OS devices
- When a BBM Video Chat is started on an iOS device to BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change to a BBM Voice Chat
- Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) and later required
- Android OS devices are able to start BBM Video Chats between other Android OS and iOS devices
- When a BBM Video Chat is started on an Android device to BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change to a BBM Voice Chat
The following is also noted by BlackBerry
- Asus phones (and any mobile device using an Intel chipset) are currently not supported and will establish a BBM Voice Call
- Motorola Moto X (XT1092, XT1095, XT1096) and Lenovo Vibe X (S960) may see one way video, or poor video during a BBM Video Chat
Version: Varies with device
Updated: September 6 2017
Requirements: Varies with device
Contains Ads: Yes
In-app Purchases: Yes