Creative Media Works has announced the latest update to BBM for Android, which brings the ability to send images or videos without compression, voice notes & large messages support in groups, an improved groups setup and invite processes and more.
BBM QR code scanner now scans all QR codes (open offers, promos or websites) and you can now view your friend’s timeline of past photo and avatar updates by clicking on their avatar in feeds or channel comments.
Users can now send images or videos without compression by sending as a file and for the kids, the classic BBM Emoji’s are back!
Voice Notes in Groups
The new voice notes feature allows you to send audio messages to groups of contacts. To send a voice note, tap and hold the microphone icon on the lower right of the keyboard panel.
Large Messages in Groups
When you send long messages in Groups, BBM will display the first 2,000 words and hide the rest behind a “Read More” button. Recipients simply tap Read More to see the full message. The new message limit for Groups is 65,000 characters.
Public or Private Timelines
There are now more ways to access others’ Timelines. Just click on your contacts’ images in the comments section of Channels, or from Feeds.
Privacy settings have also been added to Timeline so you can control who sees what. If you set your Timeline to Public, then your Post tab will be visible to everyone who uses BBM. Set Timeline to Private, and only your contacts will see Posts and About.
Summary of What’s New:
- Everyone’s favourite (classic) BBM Emoji’s are back!
- BBM QR code scanner now scans all QR codes (open offers, promos or websites)
- Voice notes & large messages now supported in groups
- View your friend’s timeline of past photo and avatar updates by clicking on their avatar in feeds or channel comments
- Send images or videos without compression by sending as a file
- Improved groups setup and invite processes
Version: Varies with device
Updated: February 3, 2018
Requirements: Varies with device
Contains Ads: Yes
In-app Purchases: Yes