It has been a while since the Android version of BBM Enterprise received an update, but today BlackBerry have released an update which brings some bug fixes and minor enhancements.
BBM Enterprise is a secure mobile, cross-platform, messaging and collaboration tool. It provides the same user- friendly experience that’s earned BBM millions of fans worldwide – with the end-to-end security enterprise needs.
BBM Enterprise allows users to take advantage of the speed, reliability and privacy of BBM for faster communication, collaboration and decision making while providing security conscious organizations enhanced security over corporate data.
BBM Enterprise is the ideal business communication tool because it is mobile and immediate. Unlike enterprise IM tools that were originally designed for use on the desktop, BBM Enterprise offers a truly mobile experience, on a variety of devices.
With BBM Enterprise, you only need one app to cover your mobile messaging and collaboration needs. Users know when their colleagues have received and read messages, so they can collaborate with confidence, in real-time. One-to-one chats, group discussions and file sharing all happen with the protection required by security-focused organizations – and all with an immediacy and accountability that’s hard to achieve through any other communication channel.
BBM Enterprise uses a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic library and leverages BlackBerry’s secure infrastructure, trusted by security-conscious and regulated organizations around the world, to protect data while it’s in transit and at rest. All the added security offered by BBM Enterprise happens in the background, so there’s no impact on the BBM user experience.
BBM Enterprise is an app that is targeted to business users and requires a paid license to use. Administrators must entitle their employees to use BBM Enterprise
BBM Video Chat System Requirements and Functionality
- BlackBerry 10 OS required
- BlackBerry 10 smartphones are able to start BBM Video Chats to other BlackBerry 10 smartphones
- BBM Video Chat between BlackBerry 10 and Android or iOS devices is not supported and will provide the option for BBM Voice Chat
- iOS version 8 and later required
- iOS devices are able start BBM Video Chats between other iOS and Android OS devices
- When a BBM Video Chat is started on an iOS device to BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change to a BBM Voice Chat
- Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) and later required
- Android OS devices are able to start BBM Video Chats between other Android OS and iOS devices
- When a BBM Video Chat is started on an Android device to BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the call will change to a BBM Voice Chat
- Asus phones (and any mobile device using an Intel chipset) are currently not supported and will establish a BBM Voice Call
- Motorola Moto X (XT1092, XT1095, XT1096) and Lenovo Vibe X (S960) may see one way video, or poor video during a BBM Video Chat
Updated: August 1, 2017
Price: Requires License
Requirements: Android 4.3 +
In-app Products: No
Contains Ads: No