Apple has released an update to Apple Music for Android bringng music video enhancements and bug fixes.
Specifically, the updated Android app allows users to watch video content in fullscreen, as well as in the Now Playing section of the app. Previously, subscribers using a handset running Google’s operating system were limited to windowed playback, a sub-optimal experience compared to other video streaming apps.
In addition, users can now watch videos while browsing other areas of the app, similar to the minimize video function on iOS.
Subscribers can also add favorite music videos to customized playlists, meaning content can be queued up for back-to-back viewing. This is a change from previous versions that forced users to search for individual songs, thus hindering continuous playback.
A new feature allows music videos to continue playing in the background when Apple Music is closed.
Apple Music works seamlessly with your iTunes library to give your personal music collection a major upgrade.
Summary of What’s New
- The update significantly improves stability, making music playback more reliable on more devices.
- This update also introduces new experiences for music videos
- Watch them in fullscreen or inside Now Playing.
- Continue watching music videos while browsing the app.
- Add your favorite music videos to playlists to watch them back-to-back.
- Listen to music videos in the background while using other apps.
Updated: March 6, 2018
Category: Music & Audio
Requirements: Android 4.3+
In-app Products: No
Includes Ads: No